Saturday, October 11, 2014

Swedish Anorak Mods Part 4, adding decorative trim

Ok, this one was easy. The trim adds nothing functionally, but gives it a nice, traditional look. For now, I just added it to the bottom of the anorak. I haven't decided if I'm going to add it elsewhere, but, if I do, it will be around the cuffs, and maybe along side the neck opening. But, for now, its just around the bottom.
This is pretty easy to do. I did it in 2 strips, to make it more manageable, but you could just as easily do it with 1 longer one. I have a handi stitcher, which worked well for this, and it took me all of 15 minutes. So, as this was a simple one, here it is, finished:


In the top pic, you can see the overlap. I havent trimmed it up yet, but I will. The bottom pic, you can see the center seam I did with the handi stitcher. All it really needs is that one stitch to hold it in place. Again, this was an easy, simple mod, for decoration.

No comments: