Tuesday, October 07, 2014

A day out with friends, old an new

This past Sunday, we had a local bushcraft meet at a state park. There are several held throughout the year, but my schedule rotates, so I don't get to attend all of them. I did, however, get to attend this one, and its my 3rd or 4th since joining the online Bushcraft forum (www.bushcraftusa.com). It was a great day-not too warm, sunny, essentially, perfect weather. There was, as usual, a TON of food there, some of the more noteable dishes were "tiger chicken", a sweet, teriyaki style chicken grilled over coals, venison stew-more need to be said???, homemade meatloaf, various homemade breads, some desserts cooked either over coals, or in a "hobo oven". We also had a trade blanket, where people could bring things they wish to sell or trade, and had quite a few homemade goods, as well as some nice sharps. I myself bought a lovely firesteel, that I will post a pic of later (I didn't take one of it yet, sorry).
We also held several classes: one on figure 4 deadfalls, one on making a Roycroft pack, one on day pack items, and a couple on fishing-I demonstrated Tenkara fishing, and a fellow forumite demonstrated European style fishing.
All in all, it was a fantastic day out with friends. Ate well, shared knowledge, gained knowledge, bought gear, sold gear, and generally had a great time.
And, here are some pics of the day:

























No comments: