Friday, May 19, 2023

Yet again, another irregular update!

 As much as I want to keep up on this, I don't. I dont have any excuses: I just never seem to come back to this blog. But, as social media, and media in general, is becoming more and more biased and, quite honestly, hateful, a return to the old school way of blogging, just may be what I am looking for.

So, some updates to my life:

Still riding motorcycles

Still a semi active freemason

Started teaching myself mandolin (sidelined due to work)

Got my General class ham license (active in that arena)

Have a live in girlfriend

Bought a Toyota Tacoma in 2021

Into overlanding (car camping, as we old timers call it)

And, thats about it for general updates. Now, on to fleshing some of this out:

During the chinese flu times, I opted to pick up learning another instrument. Mostly, for myself. I started learning mandolin, but have since put it down-again, due to work constraints (See a pattern here???).

I also bought a new, in 2021, Tacoma, as my GF also enjoys camping, and this is a near perfect platform for us. Did a minor lift on it (2.3"). and some bigger tires (31.5"), nothing that I would need to alter anything else for. We did do some camping last year, but not as much as we wanted. 

I also got my tech, then general, ham radio license in 2021. I did it largely for preparations. Since I did that though, I have gotten hugely involved in POTA (Parks On The Air). Essentially, this is setting up a radio, out in the field. Its kind of like practice emergency communications. It is fun, and I try to get out as often as I can in regards to it.

My GF moved in the beginning of this year, and that has been going well so far. Nothing really to report there. 

Work has been crazy this year, and is limiting my free time altogether-never mind my adventure time!!

We DID get the opportunity to go to Gettysburg a couple weeks ago. What an experience!! To know what those men went through, back then....to see, and walk, the fields they fought, and died on...I cannot describe in words how I felt. I honestly think that Americans in High School would be far better served, going here, and learning about this part of our history, than going to DC, where its so divided, you lose all respect for ANY person associated with DC. HIGHLY recommended as a trip.

So, thats my current update. I will not promise to update this REGULARLY, but I will update it!


No comments: