Friday, April 17, 2015

Been busy

Sorry, I have been busy with work. To keep it short, we are very shorthanded at work, so I have been taking overtime, and I have had some personal issues going on, so, life has been a little hectic. All that being said....
We have FINALLY broken off the yoke of winter! And, what a rough one it was! We had record snowfall this winter, record low temps-and, it lasted a good 4 months! But, warmer days are upon us, so, more outdoors time for me!
I wonder if you have ever heard of geocaching. Geocaching is a sort of hide & seek game, where people hide things out in the world, and, through the geocaching website, you can plug in the coordinates to these, find them, and log them. I have been doing this since 2002. I stopped, for years, but, recently, have gotten back into it. I discovered a challenge on the site, called the "Massachusetts 351 challenge". What it is, is that you must find at least 1 cache in each of the 351 towns in this state to complete it. There is nothing other than bragging rights, but, it definitely gets you outside!
Yesterday, I knocked out 12 towns. I am trying to do it county by county, to make it a little easier. I'm currently working on Worcester county, and have 4 towns left, which I will get on my next outing.
I managed to take some pictures yesterday, while I was out, and will post them up at the end of this blog.
I hope to get out more this year, and get some more blogs in. Right now, I'm trying to figure out myself, as I'm going through a lot of personal stuff. So, I will post as I can. For now, enjoy these pics of my recent outings!



More to follow, as my phone doesnt seem to want to cooperate this morning!

No comments: