Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A day out scouting

I had the opportunity the other day, to get out and do a little scouting, for the upcoming shotgun/black powder season. The weather was, well, miserable. It was raining, and 35F. A perfect day to be in the woods, right?
Actually, it wasnt bad. I put on all wool clothing-I had on wool swedish army pants, a polypro long john top, a thrift store 100% wool flannel shirt, an LL Bean wool vest, and a wool fedora. On my feet, wool socks and my unlined Bean Boots. I had a small haversack with me, with what I will take hunting-some food, a small wood burning stove, things like that.
All in all, it was a great way to spend the afternoon-even with the weather. Found some deer beds, saw a ton of tracks-got an idea where I want to stalk. Two more weeks!

As an aside, I created a video of my lunch time. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: