Sunday, March 24, 2024

So, its 2024.....

 Once again, this blog is being updated irregularly. As my interests change, and my free time is precious, I usually forget I even started this, over a decade ago.

So, what are my plans, what have I done, and what am I doing? Interesting question.....

2024 actually has a lot. In my personal life, I will be getting married in June. We will also be taking a trip to Mexico in the fall. My parents, though are still with me, by the grace of God, are getting older, and are experiencing the health issues we will all have as we age. So, their mortality weighs heavily on my mind, almost every day.

As to my outdoors and preparedness, I am beginning a new workout regimen. Sadly, this country is going to shit. This election season may be a challenge to our country. I don't expect a full breakdown of society-but, I DO foresee the targeting of conservatives, more than has been going on in the past decade or so. As such, my preparedness plan is as follows:

Get fit again.

Establish a good comms system, independent of the current mainstream media(ham radio, GMRS, etc).

Become proficient again in my firearms.

Have my minuteman gear ready to go.

Establish alternate locations to "lie low" if things get TRULY bad.

And, of course, anything else that comes to mind.

So, over the course of the next few months, I will be writing articles on my fitness progress, my comms plan, etc.

I am not sure I even have any readers left. Someday, this will, of course, be archived, and, who knows. Maybe it will encourage at least one person to prepare for the worst. I don't think, in my heart of hearts, that it will EVER come to that.

But, neither did Rome.....


No comments: