Thursday, September 28, 2006

night cache!!!

Well, I did my first night time cache tonight. This brings a whole different aspect to this game. Let me explain; for a cache to be a good night time cache, there has to be some way of identifying the area when you get to it. Some people use different types of markers; I tiny strobe, powered by a solar cell, that only goes off at a certain time; a pressure-sensitive light, that, when hit, turns on; or these, which marked the way to the cache I did tonight;firetacks. These things are near impossible to see during the daytime, as they are bark-colored. But, at night, they reflect light like a stop sign! So, I follow the trail in, about .3 miles. The hint states that there will be an arrow point offtrail to where the cache is. at .29 miles, I see the arrow. I turn off the trail, walk in a straight line about 100', and, viola! The cache! I didnt take anything, as all I took to find the cache was a flashlight & a pencil. Tonight, the hunt was enough. 7 more to go!

No comments: